Thursday, November 21, 2013

Mile High Madness

15 Miles so far this week, and surprisingly...I'm still alive!  Even better, I'm still able to walk!  I'd be lying if I said that my legs weren't feeling a bit like rubber this morning, but I did just get off the treadmill, so I'll write that off to adjusting to terra firma.

I'm getting excited to head home to Colorado for Thanksgiving.  I leave on Sunday, and get to spend a whole 9 days with family and friends!  There's something about the Rocky Mountains that inspires and lifts my spirit like nothing else can.  When I am there, I am home.

I'll also be home to watch the next two Bronco games, which is FANTASTIC!  Patriots, and then Chiefs again.  Both should be great, anxiety inducing battles, and I'm excited to watch them with fellow Bronco fans!

I'm a little nervous about training at altitude, particularly because I basically have to get off the plane and run 6 miles on Sunday...but I will just maintain my training philosophy that the distance is key, and listen to my body for the speed.  At very least, training for 9 days at altitude should help me out when I get back to the low lands.  There is a reason they sell running paraphernalia in CO that says "Sea Level is for Sissies!"

Wish me luck!

Love to all, and if you care to donate to LLS in support of my journey, please visit my fundraising page:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ri/wdw14/anelson9oh

No comments: