Thursday, December 5, 2013

Goodbyes

The past couple of weeks have been difficult.  It was so great to be home in Colorado with my family and friends, but there were some challenges that came along with the comfort and beauty of the Rockies.

The biggest, most difficult challenge was seeing my mom struggle with the final stages of her fight with Pancreatic Cancer.  I haven't talked about this much, so some of you may not be aware of her diagnosis.  She was diagnosed in April with stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer.  There were no medical treatment options, and she has spent much of the past few months exploring non-traditional options that may give her more time.

It was painful to see her failing body struggle to maintain some kind of normalcy as she went through her daily routines.

I knew our goodbyes on Monday afternoon would be our last in this life, and I was left  feeling sad for time wasted, and grateful for so many blessings that I can't list them all.

My sister just called, as I am writing this post, to tell me that Mom is gone.  I'm not sure there is ever enough time to prepare for a call like that.  Never enough time.

May angels carry you home, Mom.




1 comment:

Greg said...

I didn't know your mom but I know the daughter she brought into this world. She is one of the most caring, kind, loving, fun, and awesome people I have ever or will ever meet. For that I am eternally grateful to her.