Sunday, October 6, 2013

Kicking Cancer's Booty by Kicking My Own!


Cancers of all kinds have wreaked havoc on my friends and family. As I watch their pain, suffering, courage and faith, I am forced to stand idly by feeling helpless and hoping for the best. It's hard to know what to say or do, or how to help. That's why I've committed to raise money as a part of Team In Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS).

My mission is to help LLS find cures and more effective treatments for blood cancers by raising money to support their efforts, while challenging myself to push limits and improve myself and my health and fitness.

I'm training to run my first 1/2 Marathon in January, 2014. That's over 13 miles! The idea of running that distance is intimidating, but the opportunity to challenge myself and support such an amazing cause at the same time is something I am excited to be a part of.

Like the other members of TNT, I will be raising funds to help find cures and better treatments for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma. I’m improving the quality of my life by participating and with your support, I can help improve the quality of life for patients and their families as well.

Please make a donation in support of my efforts with Team In Training and help advance the research for cures.  You can click on the gadget in the upper right margin of this page, or visit follow this link:  http://pages.teamintraining.org/ri/wdw14/anelson9oh

No comments: